Friday, October 19, 2007

Month off




Back again.




I've been trying to detox, but it's no good.




I saw 21st Century Mummy's post about Tickety Boo and the cakes on offer therein and knew I had to get out there again.

Nero in Abbeygate Street was the bad boy - and I now have a card full of little stamps to enable me to get a freebie next time I go down there.
Popped to one of those huge out-of-town shopping centres last night and the appeal of good old Bury St Edmunds was really missing.
They are impersonal, shopping wastelands - not a bit like Hatter Street, St John's Street or Langton Place, all of which I love.



4 comments:

Her indoors said...

oops...sorry I led you into temptation...However a visit to Tickety Boo is always cheery ;-D

BfpEditor said...

It sure is and thanks for the tip.

Shame to see Ruby not blogging for a week - guess from some of her earlier posts, she would be very interested in the Booty's news. I gather they are planning to shut up shop so no more bacon rolls (sob).

Her indoors said...

It's a shame about Booty's. Can we not get a preservation order on the shop. I've never been in because it's out of my way, but I love driving past it all the same ;-(

BfpEditor said...

I always seem to speed past (sorry officer - I'm going 30mph at the time but it seems faster) and see the sign for hot bacon rolls...but have never had one. Suppose they will go down in the folklore of the town and everyone will recall them in years gone by...