Thursday, October 2, 2008

There's a mouse in my house


...well ok, not in my house, but in my garage.

I moved in a while ago, and was initially upset to find they found my fishing bait far more attractive than any fish has ever done.

So I locked that away.

And put down a trap...

I was not happy at doing this, but I'm a farmer's boy and humane traps were never our thing. Even the dog had a mole-catching role.

Anyway, I have now come up against Mighty Mouse.

He/she is very clever.

I bait the trap. I wait. It gets dark - I sleep.

Mouse comes out. Mouse eats bait - without disturbing trap.

I have used cheese - he has gobbled it.

I have used chocolate. He has gobbled it.

I have used marine halibut Dynamite Baits paste (anglers will understand). He has gobbled it.

When I test the trap, it nearly takes my arm off.

Advice please - and bait tips welcome... it's becoming a scene from that great film Mousehunt and we know how that ends.

2 comments:

Christina S said...

You need a cat, Mr Bean!

BfpEditor said...

I've got squirrels, birds and now mice - hte last thing I need is another mouth to feed! Have you seen how much bird seed goes for on Bury market...and don't get me started on monkey nuts.