Friday, August 24, 2007

Costa blank-er


Sorry, Costa...Tickety Boo has been my best espresso this week.


You tried, you tried hard, but despite a very competitive £1.70 for a dopio you left me unimpressed.


The natty little biscuit selection (four for a little over £2.50 in a pretty little box) did almost tempt me but I had my eye on your off-centre saucers and a sniff of coffee.


Ms Bean had a dash of Earl Grey, which probably stole my attention.


Never mind - I'm sure you will redeem yourself soon.


Walking back to work, I see the new Cattle Market is starting to take shape - there's the beginnings of a shop next to Palmers Homestore.


Anyone know what that's going to be?


Boots and W H Smith have excellent sales on, too, at the moment.
I nearly fell for the under-a-tenner yoga starter set in Boots but just managed to say a laid-back 'no' in time.


And I can't resist stationery ( 'e' for envelopes ). Erasers, books, diaries, rulers, folders - my desks are full of them, all at reduced price, but none of them touched.


What a consumer.

3 comments:

Dog Walker said...

'desks' plural Mr Bean? How many?
You know you've made it when you have more than one desk.

todaysdaze said...

saw this on sky news webpage and thought I would ask if you had seen any.....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,70141-1281273-1,00.html

pretty cool hey!

BfpEditor said...

That's right, Dog Walker - 2 of them. And I don't do much work at either.

Todaysdaze - what a great idea. Perhaps you could have a celebrity picture. Cappuccino with Victoria Beckham on top anyone?