Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summertime




Everywhere you go, everyone you talk to ... 'where's the summer gone?' they ask.




For sure, it ain't in Bury today.




It's grey, it's mizzling, it's overcast.




The Parkway multi-storey car park attendant - who keeps that place so very tidy - gave me a cheery-ish 'Morning', but I think the weather had even gotten to him.




Those cheery, new little 'publicity' signs bordering the Cattle Market didn't even make me smile this morning.




I should imagine some PR firm in the smoke was paid thousands to come up with the idea of cutting out an arc shape for people to look through.




Very clever.




(The fact the design apes others should, of course, be overlooked by any lawyers.)




I might pay a return trip to HaGa today, on Moreton Hall. Went earlier in the week and they had a very reasonable crockery set (6-piece) which I snapped up...and there were other things which my sticky fingers really wanted to pick up, too.




Spending always brings a ray of sunshine to a damp day.




Along with the first coffee of the day, which I'm just off to make.




(The picture is from my summer trip to Thetford's gig by The Feeling - it was sunny that day)

No comments: