Wednesday, August 22, 2007

No boo-hoo with Tickety Boo


What a find!


One of the replies here had suggested I trot along to Tickety Boo's cup cake shop, in St John's Street.


Wowee!


I couldn't face one of their lovely looking cakes - someone in the office had just celebrated his 29th with a fine array of delicacies from Waitrose - but I did try a double espresso at £1.75.


Best in Bury, or at least as good as Nero on a very good day.


Apparently, the very nice chappie in there confirmed they were using their hand-roasted coffee (from Union Coffee Roasters) before anyone else in town got into using Fairtrade varieties.


And it was the first place I have been offered a glass of cold water with my espresso in Bury.


Nice art on the walls, too, by a lady who had been to West Suffolk College then on to study in Herts.


Nice chairs, very clean, cool atmosphere. And as it is a cold, miserable, gloomy sort of day outside, the warm welcome inside was very cheery.


9/10...very well done and worth a visit.


(Cakes next time!)

2 comments:

Her indoors said...

I knew you'd like Tickety Boo. They offer a fine beverage there. Did you know the Art Gallery also serves coffee in their fabulous art lounge? I took a break from my market shopping in there this afternoon and enjoyed a lovely strong coffee in very pleasant surroundings. It's well worth a visit. The coffee was only a £1, so a bargain as well. No cakes though I'm afraid.

BfpEditor said...

Thanks - Art Gallery will get my custom v soon - as well as the plcae in Langton Place detailed on Ruby's blog.
Thanks, MrB