Friday, August 17, 2007

Bean - and come back again . . .




It's good to be back.




Mr Bean and his little Beanies have been away getting roasted for a few weeks but we're back to run the rule of thumb over the coffee houses of BSE.




Today was Caffe Nero, in Abbeygate Street, and a takeaway expresso.




Workmanlike and tasty - but you don't get the lovely froth you get in the china cups. I love swirling it around in them and dislodging this froth so it goes back into the main coffee. Scrummy.




8/10 - will try a proper one next week when I have more time.


How have you all been/bean in my absence? Anyone back from any great coffee hotspots?


I'm afraid Wells-Next-The-Sea failed to live up to my coffee expectations, but a smart deli on the seafront looked good for olives and the like (and olive oil). Bought a very reasonable fly-swat for 75p, too.


Southwold produced the goods, though, in a natty underground cafe.


A more mundane trip to Ely also threw up an unexpected treaure - a Starbucks in a very nice corner spot. I had an iced coffee (it was really hot that week) sitting on the low wall outside and it was scrummy. Sucked the caramel up through the straw and it tasted yum.

3 comments:

Dog Walker said...

Hi Mr Bean,
I've just spent a few days on the Isle of Wight and discovered - you're not gong to like this - there's not a single big chain coffee shop on the island.
No Starbucks, no Costa, no Caffe Nero.
But, there are some great tea rooms . . . lovely cream teas. And I had the biggest slice of fruit cake you've ever seen!

Dog Walker said...

Sorry, just noticed the literal - no gongs on the island either!

BfpEditor said...

Thanks, DW. I went to the Isle of Wight once and had a rather wet time on a campsite to the north of the island. Ace place on the southern end called something like Black Gang Chine, I recall, which was disappearing slowly into the sea. Is it still surviving?