Friday, April 18, 2008

Read all about it



Flicking through my random thoughts, you might have come to this blog from another blogger's musings...that's how I do it.

Then I got to wondering what we did before blogs?

I guess we talked to one another more, sent letters or knocked on someone's door for a coffee.

Funny world.

The links down the side are the ones I read the most - I love the way DogWalker takes such a close-up picture.


He must have some camera.

Ruby, for me, kicked much of us into shape. I still refer back to see what she is up to - nice picture of Howarth this week.


21st Century Mummy has become a media star - now that's something for Bury to be rightly proud of. I like her writing style. She's muscling in on my coffee theme so I'll have to start talking about children and Moreton Hall to counter...on the other hand, I'll stick to espresso and beans and just up my game.


And I have to say I do like reading Paul Farmer's blog - he updates regularly and gives a real insight into the life and times of a busy councillor. I admire anyone with musical talent - mine starts and ends in the shower each morning with renditions (varying) of Sinatra's New York, New York (available on iTunes as download, 79p - other MP3 providers are available but Apple has seen off most of them from the marketplace, or bought them).

No Molestar also keeps me thinking about various issues - be they council or football-related.


Most use Blogger - wonder what the next big techie thing will be?




15 comments:

Her indoors said...

Aw shucks Mr Bean...thank you. There is one post I'm planning on the coffee front...but you don't need to worry...I don't think it'll step on your toes ;-D

Christina S said...

Thank you for the mention :-)

The plot around the Mysterious Mr Bean thickens as we get more clues. Obviously quite a big BFP reader ... who could he be? any ideas 21stCM?

Her indoors said...

Ah Ruby...a new challenge, I like it...Who is Mr Bean? Well, I'm ruling out Rowan Atksinson for a start.

Tricky one...caught between PF and DN...is Mr Bean another councillor? After all there is the statement that you shook "us" up....hmmm.

So which councillor could he be?
It is very tricky Mr Bean because I've hunted down the blogs and I can't find any comments on others.

So Mr B is not a councillor, as if he were, he could not remain silent ;-).

So...moving onto your assumption about being a BFP reader....hmmm...aha...That could be the key... Perhaps we should check out the letters page.

Or shall we just ask Dog Walker? In fact who is Dog Walker?

Or is he Picklesmum's dad?

I always find it better to get the info straight from the horse's mouth, perhaps we should just ask the direct question....

So...who are you Mr Bean?

Time to fess up.

Christina S said...

Yup, far too reserved for a BSE councillor 21stCM. He'd have posted a pic of himself in a pair of Speedos on day one if that were the case. Or or himself cycling round Bury St Edmunds with no helmet on, although that'd be dodgy - might spill the coffee.

You are right when you say he has been quite silent in blog land. In fact this blog is unusual in that it is the only Bury Blog to appear on the BFP main page without either first doing the rounds of BSE blog land or starting off on JP's Blogs Today. How did he get there right away? Maybe he's a computer genius who hacked into their website?

Nope, not a BFP letters page contributer. He isn't angry, hasn't lost a purse, and doesn't want to thank all the people who helped him when he fell down.

It's quite fun wondering who he is though. Just think, he could breeze past me in the organic veg section in Waitrose and I'd never know who he was ...

Or maybe you're right and we should make him fess up. What says you Mr Bean?

BfpEditor said...

21CM/RIB: No mystery - just a normal bloke who likes taking pictures and writing.

Christina S said...

... and promoting the BFP from an apparently non-partisan blog.

BfpEditor said...

RIB - And please do not worry about the Speedos picture - I will never post that here for fear of offending the whole internet population ...

Christina S said...

LOL :-D

Christina S said...

And btw, Mr Bean, you are very good at replying yet not actually answering anything. Are you media trained?

BfpEditor said...

Thanks, RIB.
What's going to happen when your site goes through the 100,000-mark? Will there be bunting and celebrations online?

Her indoors said...

ROFL - have just come back from the trials of making yoghurt...I didn't do the last batch any justice, so would make a terrible judge.

Imagine the headline...
Local woman deemed poor judge of culture! I know - it'd never sell papers.

But I see the answer has not yet been revealed...and with so many questions....hmmm...must be a politician then Ruby.

Anyway Mr B, I expect that young Ruby will send out a press release when she hits 100,000. Will be big news amongst the bloggers.

And you're right...we should celebrate but perhaps with a bit more than banners and bunting ;-D

BfpEditor said...

21CM - Forgive my ignorance - ROFL?

Her indoors said...

ROFL at question about ROFL...

Oh Mr Bean, it's Rolling On Floor Laughing...terrible habit I know.

Christina S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina S said...

21stCM, Mr Bean is obviously determined not to reveal his identity, despite our efforts. Bit of a bummer, really.

Mr Bean - 100,000 hits ... after all that blogging, I think I might need a coffee.

xxRubes.